Lisa has lived in Colorado most of her life where she attended high school, college, and law school. Since the 1960’s, she watched her father, attorney Gary Dailey, represent generations of families and has continued the tradition.
Contrary to popular belief and current advertisements, divorce is not a battle to be fought and/or won by attorneys. Colorado law requires an equitable division of marital property and parenting plans that are in the best interest of the children. Therefore, in the majority of cases the marital property will be divided such that each spouse will have less than the total of the estate. Our law also supports quality time for children with both parents to the extent possible.
Spouses who “win” their case are those who achieve the following:
- Analyze the right time to file for divorce/legal separation
- Understand the law based on the facts of their situation
- Set realistic goals based on the law
- Establish a workable process
- Enlist the level of representation that he/she needs to achieve these goals