Post Decree

No matter how thorough your divorce decree, life happens and unexpected situations arise. Modifications of previous orders can be complicated, and you want to make sure you are protected during any post-decree process.

With over thirty years of experience in representing clients in divorce, family law, and custody cases, Dailey Law, P.C. is the Colorado Springs post-decree law firm that can help you. If you need to modify orders, or if the other party seeks a modification to which you do not agree, smart and strong representation can help you solve the problem.

Child Custody and Relocation

One of the most contested and controversial post-decree issues is relocation. While parents are generally permitted to relocate themselves, a move out-of-state (or even to another part of Colorado) can require significant modification of your parenting plan or previous order. If the parents cannot agree, the Court must balance the rights of a relocating party against the best interests of the child to create a new parenting plan. The Court will consider many factors in doing so, and the attorneys at Dailey Law, P.C. can discuss your strongest and weakest arguments for and against relocating. The firm can represent you and help you put your best case forward so that a parents’ move minimizes harm and disruption to the children and maximizes their interests.

Child Support and Spousal Support

There may also be situations in which child support and spousal maintenance (sometimes called alimony) should be modified. Dailey Law, P.C. can help you determine whether such a change is warranted as well as the best way to pursue these types of modifications when necessary. We can also represent you if you believe your former spouse is wrongfully seeking a modification.

Whether your circumstances have changed, or there have been changes to the other party’s situation, if a modification of a divorce decree, parenting plan, or support order is being sought, you should have an experienced attorney at your side. Dailey Law, P.C. can help you negotiate with your former spouse and their legal representative to protect your interests during the process and will take your case to Court if an equitable solution cannot be reached.

Enforcement and Contempt

Colorado law also allows the Court to take a wide variety of actions if one party is not complying with an Order, including jail time or payment of your attorney’s fees. When it comes to modifying parenting plans, especially, the Court has a range of options for handling the non-compliance. The attorneys at Dailey Law, P.C. are experts in post-decree enforcement of orders and can help you resolve the issue, even if that means going back to Court.

Problem-Solving Attorneys

Post-decree modification cases can be legally complex, but they also present opportunities to solve real problems. Most of the time, mediation and negotiation will be required before a judge will hear a motion to modify, a motion to enforce, or a contempt motion, so it is important to work with an attorney who can help you solve the problem before the judge has to solve it for you. Contact us today for a consultation to learn how we can help!